Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the practice of making your website ready for search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. There are a lot of ways to search engine optimize your site. Some of them are complicated while others you can do by yourself. Check out these tips for easy ways to search engine optimize your website.
1. Keywords are very important when it comes to SEO but content is even more important. So always remember to write content that readers would like to read. Offer valuable information that is useable and beneficial to your visitors. Keep in mind that repeating keywords thirty times in your blog will just raise red flags. In the rankings game, content is king.
2. Diversify or vary your anchor text links. These links tell the bots what your website is all about and these are the ones they follow to your website. Include your keywords but make sure they are varied or else the bots will flag you for spamming.
3. To easily search engine optimize your site make sure that your content is scannable to the reader. Visitors need to figure out what your website is all about in a few seconds. Long and winding paragraphs will be ignored. So always make your content short but informative.
4. Social bookmarking has made it easier to search engine optimize your website. Submit to high PR social bookmarking sites like Reddit, Linkagogo, Digg and StumbleUpon.
5. Join the social networking bandwagon and create pages in sites like Facebook and Twitter. This is a good venue to launch promos, advertise, connect with fans and visitors, post announcements and share information.
6. Submit your website to authority sites like ezinearticles and goarticles. These websites can help increase traffic and visibility. Plus Google likes authority sites like those previously mentioned.
7. A great way to easily search engine optimize your site is to start a blog. This is good not only for deeplinking for your website but is also a good venue to communicate with your readers and followers.