The internet is awash with lots of search engine optimizing tips for beginners and professionals alike. In some cases there are so many tips and resources to choose from and digest it makes SEO daunting and intimidating. SEO has lots of technical jargon and many people wish that it could be simpler and written in layman’s terms. Check out these easy to understand SEO tips to make your website SEO friendly.
• Take advantage of the power of H-Tags. Utilize heading tags to tell search engines that content is important in your website. Since we want to search engine optimize your site, use keywords for your H-Tags as well.
• Always choose relevant keywords for all your content. Keywords are very important when it comes to search engine optimizing a website. Try to add 2-3 keywords per page. Too many keywords will make your website spammy and this could get you banned by search engines.
• If possible try to include your keywords in your domain name. At times this will be very hard but try to include keywords in the individual page names.
• Many search engine optimizing tips forget to optimize the ALT tags. ALT tags are indexed for image search results.
• Always customize your Meta tag descriptions for your website. Search engine bots like to crawl these and look for matches to your keywords. So incorporate keywords into these descriptions but keep in mind to keep descriptions short.
• Add a site map. Search engine bots like to crawl site maps. If you don’t know how to create one then go to XMLsitemaps.com for help and resources.