Web designers are human beings too. They make mistakes every now and then. These web designer mistakes may seem irrelevant and small but they have the potential to affect your website traffic.
• Slow Websites – In the internet a website that takes more than 10 seconds to load is considered as slow. If a website takes too long to load people will most likely move on to other sites even before they’ve seen your own.
• Poor Navigation – A web designer should ensure that his website is easy to navigate. If people have a hard time finding their way back to the home page or finding other pages in your site. Keep in mind that people like an easy flow to navigation.
• Fancy Fonts – Websites that have fancy fonts many not load on other browsers. This can be easily remedied by using a common type of font.
• Too Small Font – A website designer can sometimes overlook that people who are visually impaired view their website. He should make sure that content can easily be read by using big font size.
• Looks Different In Browsers – Some websites work well when viewed in Firefox but appears broken in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. A website designer should check cross compatibility so as not to lose traffic.
• Unreadable Captcha – This is a personal pet peeve. Is it a O or a 0? The purpose of captcha is too keep spammers out not traffic.
• Too Many Ads – Advertising is one of the ways webmasters make money but these adverts should not get in the way of readability.
• Poor Content – A web designer should know that when it comes to the internet and SEO, content is king. Visitors will not stay or even come back if your content is uninformative or if it’s lacking.
• Under Construction Websites – If a website is not ready it should not be live.